Lorne qualified in 2002 and has worked in real estate law with focus on development since that time. Now an Associate in our Real Estate department, his main areas of work are:
- residential and commercial developments including option and pre-let agreements for house-builders and commercial investors and speculators
- regeneration projects for both developers and public bodies including public procurement and competitive dialogue
- project management of professional teams to assemble sites and create the legal conditions required to realise property investments
- Scottish real estate diligence in cross-border transactions within corporate share and asset transactions
- management, control and disposal of real estate assets for Insolvency Practitioners and creditors
Lorne believes in the value of building strong and lasting client relationships and has a history of doing so while managing large and complex transactions, co-ordinating specialists throughout the firm and integrating into the client’s own project team. He understands clients’ commercial imperatives as well as the socio-economic drivers underpinning urban regeneration.