Laura is the director of Brodies’ advocacy service. As a solicitor advocate, she has years of experience representing clients in both the Sheriff Court and Court of Session, acting for companies, local authorities, insurers and individuals. She handles instructions for appearance and written work in a number of different areas including commercial actions, personal injury and debt recovery. She frequently provides in-house training to clients on court procedure and witness familiarisation, helping to demystify the court process.
Laura’s recent instructions include:
- Acting in a four day personal injury proof (trial) in the Court of Session, Edinburgh (judgment awaited).
- Successfully defending a landlord in a three day hearing in the Court of Session involving environmental issues.
- Securing judgment in our client’s favour involving gratuitous alienation in a debt recovery action.
- Drafting an opinion on lease interpretation in a construction case.
- Drafting an opinion on jurisdiction in a breach of contract matter.