Karen has over 20 years' experience of advising leading financial institutions, funds and institutional and strategic investors across the globe with a broad range of matters (and covering all major asset classes and sectors including infrastructure, real estate, private equity and venture capital and other investment strategies). Karen has also been instrumental in the formation and development of many complex joint ventures and consortia. Many of these have stood the test of time, having successfully completed contested acquisitions, complex refinancing, broader syndications and total and partial exits.
- investors and funds on long term or complex joint ventures and consortia;
- asset management businesses on transformational transactions or complex reorganisations, including joint ventures, spin-outs, break ups and mergers and acquisitions in the sector;
- fund management teams on the establishment and structuring of fund management companies and groups with a view to maximising operational, tax and regulatory efficiencies, on their ongoing operational and regulatory issues and on the seeking of strategic investment, internal reorganisations and generational change management issues;
- fund sponsors and managers on structuring investment funds, ongoing investment platforms, and internal fund co-investment and carry structures;
- funds and their sponsors on their fundraising and fund marketing processes;
- funds and principal investors to find ‘workable structures for their investment acquisitions, restructurings and exits;
- major investors on their primary fund investments and secondary transactions involving fund interests;
- both asset managers and investors in relation to more tailored co-investment and asset management agreements and manager ‘profit share/joint venture’ arrangements; and
- clients seeking more bespoke investment and investment syndication and financing structures which are workable and efficient (and to help see such projects through from the initial diagram to the completed deal).