Alix is a real estate lawyer with over 20 years’ experience and a strong renewables practice. She leads a team of real estate lawyers with expertise in property and energy projects including wind (offshore and onshore), tidal, solar, hydro and biomass. Clients include developers, investors, funders and landowners. She regularly works with other teams of lawyers in delivering these projects. Alix is a founding member of Brodies' Renewable Energy Group, which has advised on some of the most significant projects in Scotland. Recent experience includes:
- conducting property due diligence on operational and non-operational renewables assets both onshore and offshore;
- providing property advice in relation to the first phase of a significant tidal power project in Scotland;
- acting for developers in the sale of a substantial consented onshore windfarm;
- advising funders on the project financing of renewables projects;
- advising developers and landowners in relation to option agreements and leases for proposed renewables developments.
Alix's great strength is her ability to build strong relationships with clients. Her energy and enthusiasm combined with her ability to focus on clients' needs - working to their deadlines - make her a real partner in their business.