The banking team at Brodies have been involved in a number of Scotland and the UK's biggest and most complex finance transactions and our practice continues to grow both in strength and depth. This is virtually unique in Scotland.
Our team works closely with clients to ensure that they are best placed to respond to rapidly-changing market conditions. We offer the largest comprehensive specialist banking service across corporate and commercial Scotland.
Our expertise includes:
- Developing a focus on infrastructure and housing finance and winning key mandates, including the M8 and Aberdeen Bypass roads projects and a major refinancing exercise for Glasgow Housing Association.
- Remaining as the leading Scottish practice in renewable energy finance, completing a record number of deals this year and extending our range from banking clients to developers UK wide.
- Having a market-leading expertise and one of few specialist teams in each of funds finance, securitisation and asset finance, acting on most of the complex Scottish transactions of each type.
- Our acquisition finance, real estate finance and loan book acquisition transaction experience throughout the year has delivering strong market penetration for us.
In the last year, we have again been involved in some of the biggest deals in Scotland including:
- Acquisition of Wood Mackenzie Group Limited.
- Global transfer of infrastructure loan book portfolio from The Royal Bank of Scotland to Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ.
- Acquisition by Tonnant S.a.r.l of the entire issued share capital of Ocean Terminal Limited, owner of the Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre, in Edinburgh.
- One of the most complex public to private finance transactions of the year, this involved the financing of a newco private company by LBG as it acquired the business of Lees Foods plc by way of a scheme of arrangement.
See a selection of our recent deals here.
On the contentious side, we are on the litigation panels for most major banks and financial institutions. Our banking litigation team is strong and boasts two of Scotland’s most recognised specialists. The team are not just court-focused litigators but also experienced mediators giving clients a choice in how they would like their cases dealt with.
Our experience includes:
- Grant Estates Limited v GEL Administrators and The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- KPMG as administrators of Dunfermline Building Society v. The partnership of Blenheim Investment and others