Run often, run long. But never outrun your joy of running. As a keen runner I am happy to promote the above mantra. It’s good for the body and its good for the mind!
I have noticed before how there are life lessons to be learned from long distance running which is one of the things about it that appeals to me.
I can also see how valuable lessons can be taken from it for people going through the emotional trauma of relationship breakdown.
1. The more preparation you do, the easier it will be. Taking advice should be at the forefront of your mind. That gives you all the relevant information you need to choose the best course of action and the best way of dealing with things.
2. There are different ways of tackling the task ahead. Understand them and choose the one that best suits you and your situation.
3. Have a strategy. Plan, think about it, and look at what is important to you. Think what you are aiming to do and discuss with your advisor how best to achieve that aim.
4. It’s not a sprint. Taking your time and thinking about it is a much better strategy than rushing off and trying to get to the finish by whatever means possible.
5. It won’t be easy but you will get there. It’s a sad fact that many relationships fail but you will get things resolved. Considering all of the above will assist you in doing so.
On June 7, 2017